Member Update – Temporary Changes & Procedures
Attention Peak Members!
As a responsible partner in our community, The Peak has decided it is in the best interest of our members and employees to err on the side of caution and take the following steps to minimize large groups of people in close contact. These actions are precautionary. To date, there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 at our facility and our goal is to keep it that way.
These actions will be in place for the next seven days, and we will review and re-address them regularly, staying in close communication with you via email, Facebook, website and in-house postings.
Beginning Monday, March 16:
- The Peak may only be used by Club Members. Guest passes and free passes will not be sold or honored until further notice.
- All Group Exercise classes will be cancelled effective Monday, March 16, to include Aquatics, Mind & Body as well as Silver Sneakers.
- Cardio equipment will be limited to ensure some appropriate distancing between members.
- Noon ball is postponed; gymnasium will still be open.
- All Treehouse and Kids Club services are closed until further notice. In accordance to the Great Falls Public School’s recommendation, the Peak will not be allowing anyone ages 13 and younger into the Club for the next two weeks. We will be assessing the situation on a weekly basis.
- Courts programs are postponed (Pickleball, Squash, Racquetball). State Squash and Pickleball Tournaments on March 27 and 28 have been postponed. Updates will be provided.
- Birthday Parties will be cancelled. We will be getting in touch with everyone around refunds and updates.
The Peak will maintain regular operating hours, seven days a week. The indoor pools and fitness center (members only) will remain open. Massage, individual and small-group training (Conquer and MUV) will proceed as normal. Group swim lessons are postponed. These hours and openings may change depending on circumstances as they unfold.
We appreciate your understanding during these difficult and uncertain times. The health and safety of our Club Members and employees remain our highest priority.
As a reminder, here is what The Peak is doing to maintain a clean and safe environment:
- Using EPA-registered disinfectants and cleaning products that are effective against a wide variety of germs and viruses, including coronavirus.
- Conducting more frequent cleaning of regularly touched hard surfaces like door handles, countertops, handrails, children’s toys, fitness equipment, mats, etc. Our management team members are dedicating additional hours to help clean the club.
- Employing an evening housekeeping crew to deep clean and disinfect high traffic areas each night while we are closed, to include Locker Rooms and Rest Rooms.
- Ordering a back stock of cleaning supplies to ensure no interruptions.
- Monitoring our pool chemicals every 15 minutes with an automated system, ensuring optimum levels of disinfection.
- Placing hand sanitizer stations and equipment wipe stations throughout the club.
Here is what you can do:
- Any person who is feeling sick (sneezing, cough, fever) needs to refrain from visiting the Peak. This also applies to children; if your children are feeling sick please do not bring them to the facility.
- Group exercise equipment is to be wiped down after each use by members/participants (monitored by instructors) such as studio equipment, cycle bikes, TRX, yoga mats. We also encourage you to bring your own exercise mat if you wish. Using your own towel on top of a mat is also a good option.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands or hugging. Keep a distance of approximately 3-6 feet to anyone coughing or sneezing.
- Disinfecting wipes are available in several convenient locations around the facility. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly.
- Monitor the CDC and WHO (World Health Organization) websites for advisories and follow their recommendations.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle by continuing to exercise, eating nutritiously, staying hydrated and getting adequate rest and sleep.
- Consider meditation or other forms of stress management.
At The Peak, our focus has always been to help our members live happier, healthier lifestyles – this is now more relevant and important than ever
Please call us at (406) 727-7325 with any questions!