Peak Health & Wellness Center will open on Monday, May 18 at 7 AM!
PEAK Health & Wellness Center Members, PEAK has GREAT news! As of right now, the Peak Health and Wellness Center for business on Monday, May 18, at 7:00 am!
The West Bank Landing location will remain closed for now with a very near opening date that we will communicate to you soon. West Bank Landing members are free to use the Peak’s main location during this time.
Peak staff members have been extremely busy preparing to welcome all of you back with open arms! We have been working around the clock cleaning and sanitizing for our reopening. As many of you know, Governor Bullock has announced an extension of the Phase 1 opening plan, which allows Health Clubs to open on May 15. Because we take your health and safety extremely seriously, the Peak is choosing to take a few extra days in order to ensure that everything is perfect and ready for you to walk through our doors.
Things may look a little different as we ease into our reopening. This notification and the attached document will give you a better idea of what to expect.
Member Billing – As you know, members were not billed dues, or any recurring charges (including lockers) for April and May. All dues, previously incurred charges and locker billing will start up again on June 1, 2020 as normal.
Changes – Since the Peak is following specific guidelines, we are asking our members to pay attention to the eight feet of social distancing at all times. Please come dressed for your workout and prepare to leave after. The following changes will be temporary and we look forward to transitioning back as soon as we are able. Upon your return to the Peak, below are a few things that will different:
- NEW *temporary* hours are 7 am – 7 pm
- All members and staff will have their temperatures checked upon entry
- All staff will be wearing masks and members are highly encouraged to do so as well
- The Treehouse will be unavailable; no one under the age of 14 is allowed in the Club and will not be charged for the month of June
- There will be no Group Fitness Classes or Personal Training for the first week
- Sweat/shower towels are not available
- Members will be expected to clean their equipment after use/cleaning supplies available
- Multiple new sanitation stations will be placed throughout the Club for your use.
- Lounge tables, sofas and chairs are unavailable
- Water filling station will be open, drinking fountains unavailable
- Juice bars only selling prepackaged items
- There will be signage and floor stickers throughout for 8 feet of social distancing/CDC guidelines
- Please bring your own yoga mat, yoga mats or stretching mats are unavailable
- Courts will be unavailable: to include basketball, racquetball/squash and Pickleball
Available, but Restricted Amenities: The weight rooms will all be open and all the equipment has been moved slightly to allow for social distancing. Each cardio deck will be opened with limited numbers of equipment and every other cardio piece will be out of service to allow for social distancing. The Locker Rooms are available for use, with a limited number of people allowed in at one time. The pools will remain open with members practicing safe social distancing. Every other lane in the Lap Pool will be closed. Every other shower and locker will be closed. Steam rooms, Sauna and the hot tub will be closed. The Treehouse will not be reopening. We will be reviewing this decision on a weekly basis. The Pro Shop will also be unavailable.
Safety Protocols for All Members – The Peak wants to play a big part in keeping our community safe and healthy. Besides following all CDC guidelines, our staff will be cleaning equipment and all touch points inside the Club around the clock. We will be expecting all of our members to help out with this cleaning protocol for the safety of our community. We will also be making sure that your picture is in our system for contact tracing as part of our guidelines.
In addition, the Peak is limiting our usage to MEMBERS ONLY – there will be no guests and punch cards at this time.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE PEAK, CLICK HERE.
Watch this VIDEO on what a day at the PEAK will look like.
As the Peak reopens, we want to personally thank all of our members and staff for being so supportive. We are a business that promotes and inspires a healthy lifestyle for each and every one of you that walks through our doors. The Peak cares about you. It is time to get back to finding a temporary new normal as you continue your workouts and training. PEAK believes that a healthier community is a stronger community! We can’t wait to have all of you back! We will continue to keep you informed to any changes as we gradually begin to phase in more amenities.